Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

Dachshunds Are Better by the Dozen

There's an old saying amongst dachshund lovers: dachshunds are like potato chips.....you can't have just one! Meet Julie Skipworth of Wichita Falls, Texas, and about 8 of her 12, yes twelve, dachshunds.....all girls and one boy. Dachshund number 12 came about a month ago when Mrs. Skipworth celebrated her 50th birthday. Excerpt from the Times Record News: “I didn’t mean to get another,” she said as dogs jumped up and down at her feet. “The vet told me that 11 was enough. But then I was turning 50 and I wanted to treat myself.”
Her husband puts up with her dachshund obsession. Not only are there the dogs, but there’s dog paintings and dog plates and dog figurines and a dog mailbox.
Read all about Julie Skipworth and her doxies including Schatz, Danka, Bella, Izzy, Dirk, and Wendy at the Times Record News. Looks like a well-behaved pack. We're wondering if a baker's dozen is in the future?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. I wish I had a home that could allow for that. We apartment dwellers have to l ive with those limitations.
Beautiful dogs, it is wonderful to be loved by a dachsie !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails